<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3609278430792599457?origin\x3dhttp://gofreestyle.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Do, do you got a first aid kit handy?

(Brain)Damaged kid.

The girl who hops instead of walking.
16th BETA HC <3 1314
The House Of Knights; BETA!

Damaged with my favourite 1314ers. Infinity signs.
Laughing record of a non stop 45 minutes. Vasodilationist and computer addict.
Wikipedias out of boredom uhh. Loves to receive cards with personal messages :)

I'm sorry that the world's a little less quieter after 15th January 1991! :D


Designer. : Nath

Nobody bitches halfway.







Tuesday, September 9, 2008

破釜沉舟

When I got home today, we had a family discussion. Crisis was.. My brother has no exact ambition. He oscillates between two choices (BAD enough) and now, he says he wants to be an engineer. UH major heart attackzx. So as a big sister, my Dad wanted me to knock some sense into the little ball's head and to wake up his bloody idea (HAHA army lingooo).

With the whole promos thing in mind and the horrible possiblity of me retaining, I asked my Dad what should be my alternative should I fail to succeed in fulfilling my ambition. And he said, "Nothing."

I then went on to probe him further. I wanted some form of reassurance that I will somehow succeed in life, in some other area besides the one I set my eyes on when I was 5 till now. He still replied, "Nothing."

And then when I was about to continue doing my stuff. My Dad lapsed into a story. He told me about a chinese idiom of which a general who was leading his army to battle on an island, destroyed the woks and ships of the troops. He wanted to win the battle and hence, destroyed these means of escape, giving his troops a determination and purpose to give their best in the battle, for they could not retreat in defeat. They had two options,win the battle or surrender and die in their enemy's hands. In the end, the general's army won the battle.

My Dad refused to give me an answer because he didn't want me to consider other alternate routes. If I did, I will lose focus of my target and will not give my very best to achieve it.

To be frank, I've never given thought of what I wanted to be besides following in my Dad's footsteps. So I can very well say that I've been very focused all this while since 5 (uh but proving it with results is another thing heehee).

Now that I'm faced with the possiblity of retaining, this idiom is of great motivation. For now, till the end of promos, I MUST NOT THINK OF GOING TO POLY OR SOMEOTHER ALTERNATE ROUTE. Because if I do, the possibility of me failing to promote will be much higher.

So to all my friends who are reading this. If you're feeling despondent over the WILL I RETAIN? thing and begin to/already develop thoughts of leaving the JC system, I urge you to not think so negatively of yourself. Do not escape from the situation. Face up to the choice you made. Leading a life of an escapist is one tough job, running all your life. Even more than a NIKE 10KM run haha. So just stay focused on your aim which is to PROMOTE. For me, reverse psychology kinda works, so I just keep scaring myself with the thoughts of retaining so that I will work hard.

I hope we will all promote together (: And thanks Dad, your wise words are a great inspiration to me and ,I believe, to my friends as well.

Love,
TRADY
(DON'T WANNA USE MY REAL NAME. I KNOW PEOPLE STALK ME! KIDDING. Nicknames are more ermm informal and personal :D)

The phrase "破釜沉舟" (pò fǔ chén zhōu) literally means "break the woks and sink the boats." It was based on a historical account where General Xiang Yu ordered his troops to destroy all cooking utensils and boats after crossing a river into the enemy's territory. He won the battle because of this "no-retreat" policy.

My rusty halo

entertained at 12:51 AM