|
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Under pressure

10KM. No mean feat, for a bunch of people who have no sporting background in secondary school. (Yes, we were in Chinese Drama lol)
The first 5KM was the toughest, especially after the 2KM mark. Knowing that you've just completed 2KM plus plus and there's more, is rather demoralising. Haha Val and I fooled around in the beginning part of the race. We crossed the ERP gantry and made a loud 'toot' sound and I said '50cents has been deducted from your account'. Other runners gave us weird looks.
Run walk run walk. Jasmine gaytan somehow or other became my running/walking partner. Haha we conquered the last 5KM together, with Hx's bag. Took turns carrying it and running. It was one amusing sight and very heartwarming. My batch finished the race in less than 2 hours. 1 hour and 36 minutes to be exact.
At some point of time, when we were walking after the first water station, the whole race felt like some HC camp replay. The most significant part of HC camp besides the PT, was the walking. As a BETA HC, we walked quite a great deal together. Walked walked walked.
Oddly, I enjoyed it. The walking with BETA and the walking with my batch during the NIKE run. It's like you're walking next to someone, not saying anything as both of you are trying to keep up with the pace and your breath, but you know what's on your friend's mind. You know your friend is concern about you. You know your friends wants to achieve this. You know you wanna achieve this with your friend. It's like working/walking towards a common goal. And the company, is just awesome. It's teamwork, care and concern for each other at its peak. It's the moment you know you're really loved by your friends.
I've walked with my batch through for 4 years of hardship and a 10KM race, with more races to come. I really appreciate this special group of people, stupid gay GORs.
GORs/my batch and BETA are very much alike. BETA reminds me of GORs and GORs reminds me of BETA. They both make me happy (:
I've walked through HC camp with BETA and I wanna walk more. (SO I MUST STUDY AND NOT RETAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!)
Lol somehow everything that I just typed sounds wrong. But if I could pen down my feelings word for word, then I guess it's not a special feeling anymore.
I'm going nowhere fast
entertained at 4:05 AM
|